Saturday, June 15, 2019

Poem for the week: "I Am Where I Want to Be"


I Am Where I Want to Be

No more questing in the dry pages
of lost horizons, or climbing mountains
in the Hindu Kush searching for a fantasy;
and no more meditating in walled Tibetan caves
or collecting wild honey like a mendicant Sufi,
because I am where I want to be.

I could be sunning on a sandy beach in Florida,
cycling in Province, or sipping espresso in Tuscany,
exploring new writers for new thoughts and taking
up hiking or hobbies like Tai Chi and Mediterranean
cooking, but life no longer beckons me because
I am where I want to be.

Not every acorn that falls off the oak will grow
into its own tree, only the seeds that take root will
become what they are encoded to be; so it is with
every soul that takes root in the humble soil of
its own garden, growing where it has been
planted to become what it’s meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment