Saturday, December 21, 2019

Poem for the week: "My Merry Way"



I’ve had plenty of time to reflect upon my life,
and regardless of what angle I looked at myself,
I was always outside of life looking in, more
of an observer than a participator.

I stood outside the whole Elvis Presley phase,
the Beatles craze, Trudeaumania, and whatever
other movement swept the nation, always
wondering what was wrong with me.

But today, as the sun begins to set on the horizon,
I look at my life and ask myself: did I get it right,
or wrong? But the world pays no attention to
my question, because it doesn’t matter.

Every circle has a center, and water always finds
its own level, and when all is said and done, no
one is any wiser; so, I stopped reflecting on
my life, and continued on my merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment