Saturday, November 21, 2020

Poem for the week: "Like a Tornado from Hell"

 

Like a Tornado from Hell

 

Everybody’s right, and everybody’s wrong,

it’s only what we believe that matters;

and if what we believe no longer resonates

with our soul, it’s up to us to change our belief

system. That’s what came to me this morning

as I wrote my chapter, “Opening the Door

to My Soul,” my active imagination discourse

with my inner guiding principle, which came

to me this morning in the guise of my mentor

Carl Gustav Jung. But it takes courage

to walk away from what we no longer believe,

and even more fortitude to seek another

belief system that will give our life more purpose

and meaning. This is what my oracle wanted

me to convey to take the oppressing dismay

out of this covid pandemic that has interrupted

our life like a tornado from hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment