Saturday, February 26, 2022

New poem: "The Mote in His Eye"

 

The Mote in His Eye

 

At first, he annoyed me, his commentary

on social media, his brazen trollism

and wanton disrespect for our prime minister’s

position, tearing the man down with nasty

innuendo, implying sexual impropriety on his

mother’s part, and calling him a bastard child;

and I asked myself, what is it about our freely

elected leader that bothers him so? It can’t

be his policies, what do they have to do with

his parentage? Why slander our prime minister

with innuendo? And the more I reflected, the

more I saw the mote in his eye, and his impish

shadow jumped out of its skin and revealed

itself to me: it’s not who our prime minister is

that gets under his skin, it’s who he himself

is not; and rather than annoy me now, his

shameless trollism amuses me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment