Saturday, September 3, 2022

New poem: "The Curse of Every Writer's Genius"

  

The Curse of Every Writer’s Genius

 

“Don’t be afraid to be personal,

because the personal speaks to the universal,”

bid the imperative of his guiding principle,

his creative muse and love divine, and he wrote

stories on his life to give the mundane it’s

beautiful due; that’s what made him so popular,

so true. I read him in the morning, afternoon,

and evenings too; but the more I read him,

the more he entranced me. So, I asked my muse

and love divine, and what came to me was no

less of a mystery: his mind is his to explore,

as is yours; but the more he explored, the more

Mind he had to explore, and that’s the mystery

of his unplumbable genius. But is it not written

in ancient wisdom that Mind is the Great Slayer

of the Real? He wrote poetry, short stories,

novels, essays, and an idyllic stream of book

and art reviews to explore the existential limits

of his thinking; but his sinuous mind refused

to let go of it’s intimate hold on Ego, and that’s

the curse of every writer’s genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment