Sunday, December 18, 2022

New poem: "My Rant for Today, December 17, 2022"

 

My Rant for Today, December 17, 2022

 

I feel totally useless when I’m not writing,

like I’m wasting my life away; but I’m not, really.

I found what I came into this world to find, and I’m

on bonus time now; but good God, it’s boring!

I bought the pearl of great price and fulfilled

my karmic promise, and I while my day away

when I’ve exhausted myself of my creative energy.

I hate myself when I’m not writing, stuck in the never

world of a finished book and new one to come; but

I have other books waiting to be edited that I keep

putting off, not that I want to, I can’t because

I procrastinate. God, I hate being a procrastinator!

And yet, I have two dozen books under my belt,

a beautiful mortgage-free home in Georgian Bay,

a woman whose love I betrayed in our past lifetime

together that I had to win back, which, thank God,

I did; so, why the whining? It’s always six of one

and half a dozen of the other, and whatever karma

we are born to redress, life continues to be an

individual journey of self-discovery; so, chin up

as they say, and get on with my day! And that’s

my rant for today, December 17, 2022.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment