Saturday, April 15, 2023

New poem: "The No-self of Buddhism"

 

The No-Self of Buddhism


 As a shadow, a thought, feeling,

a ghostly presence hovering near

me, filling me with a dread I cannot

explain and want it to go away; what

is it? Where did it come from? And

how can I dispel it? I go to bed

with this ghostly presence, and all

night long it works its mood into

my dreams, and I wake up fatigued;

what to do? I write, but cannot;

I read, but cannot; I watch podcasts,

but cannot; and I go for walks, taking

my ghostly presence with me. How

to process it, I don’t know; but if it

doesn’t go away soon, I may have

to go to sanctuary where even God

cannot reach me, my special space

of no-place where I have no I, only

a very stark awareness of being; and

I wonder to myself as I walk the trail

again, here in Tiny Beaches, is that

the no-self of Buddhism?

 

Tuesday, March 26, 2023

Georgian Bay, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment