Saturday, May 20, 2023

New poem: "The Calling"

 

 

The Calling

 

The calling came in high school

with Maugham’s novel The Razor’s

Edge, an immortal wound that

afflicted me for life with a longing

to find my lost soul, and I sojourned

to Annecy, France to look for myself;

but I was nowhere to be found. At

university I studied philosophy, and

serendipity introduced me to Ouspensky’s

book In Search of the Miraculous; and

it awakened me to the secret way of life

that led me through the fourth corner

of the abyss where I found my lost

soul, and I returned it to the Great

Ocean of Love and Mercy where all

new souls come from.

 

 

Inspired by the Audrey Hepburn movie

The Nun’s Story, based on Kathryn Hulme’s

novel, a student of Gurdjieff’s teaching.

Monday, May 15, 2023, Tiny Beaches,

Georgian Bay, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment