Saturday, June 10, 2023

New poem: "Together Again"

 

Together Again

 

O my sweet, sweet Cathy Lynn,

we met in medias res, you in the throes

of life, your loving brother recently

passed over with cancer, your marriage

dead in the water, pacing your store

like a caged tiger; and me, at the end

of my journey of self-discovery

waiting impatiently for my new life

to begin, stepping into your corner store

to seek your bookkeeping advice; but

when I looked into your eyes, centuries

of longing possessed me, and our journey

to the promised land began, forgiving

me for betraying you for my lover.

O, what a life we’ve lived, from the day

we met to this, undoing what I did

to you in our life then, and you loving

me now together again.

 

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Georgian Bay, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment