Saturday, September 30, 2023

New poem...

 

Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes

 

I didn’t know why, and I languished

in my ignorance watching all those videos

of my old hometown people in the early

and late autumn, with most in the winter

of their lives, reminiscing for the historical

archive on their lives in my old hometown

in Northwestern Ontario, christened in fiction

after the patron saint of hopeless causes,

remembering this place and that business,

people come and gone, some memories fresh

as yesterday and others nearly forgotten,

but everyone’s life so forgettably ordinary

that a heavy sadness possessed me for the

terrifying burden that they all bore for

simply being who they were.

 

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Georgian Bay, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment