Sunday, November 11, 2018

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?


DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?
         
A wise man once said, “There is only self-initiation into the mysteries of life,” but not until one experiences a miracle in their own life will they appreciate the truth of this statement, as I did when Penny Lynn, the love of my life, was suddenly struck down with a brain aneurysm and had to be flown by air ambulance from Georgian Bay Hospital in Midland to St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto for immediate surgery. In one blinding moment, my world went from order straight into chaos, and I turned to God for help. I’ve always believed in God, and I’ve always believed in miracles, and I was in desperate need of God’s help and a miracle. I turned to St. Padre Pio, about whom I had written in my novel Healing with Padre Pio, and this was my constant daily prayer: “Please Padre, bring her back home to me safe and whole,” and so close did my Penny Lynn come to passing over that one of her doctors said to her, “You were somewhere between here and there, and you are very lucky to be here.” But it wasn’t luck that brought her back to me; it was love and faith. Penny is home now, safe and whole, with full presence of mind and motor skills, and I thank God and St. Padre Pio for answering my prayers. Yes, I believe in miracles, because I experienced one in the miraculous healing of the love of my life; and in humble gratitude, I was nudged to share this with you.

Orest Stocco
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Sunday, November 11, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment