Saturday, March 9, 2024

New poem: "Not Facebook Folly"

 

Not Facebook Folly

 

“I am what I am not, and I am not what I am,”

concluded the “little ball of fur and ink” in his

great dialectical inquiry Being and Nothingness,

failing to resolve the paradoxical nature of soul’s

inner and outer self and the core mystery of life

that preoccupied the founding father of depth

psychology to the last draw on his pipe at the ripe

old age of 86, ferreting out the secret way with

the dream life of his patients and ancient Gnostic

texts; and the strait gate of the narrow way gave

the Wizard of Bollingen private entry into life’s

sacred mastery of soul’s individuation—and oh,

what a joy meeting him in my dreams to discuss

my book The Way of Soul that I had just written,

putting the biggest smile on his venerable face

with my disentanglement of the Gordian Knot

of the human condition that plagued the world

since Heraclitus: “I am what I am not, and I am

not what I am; I am both, but neither: I am Soul,

my true self.” That’s the mystery of the mystical

marriage that 99.9 percent of the world cannot

apprehend. But as merciless and cruel as life may

be, it is equally fair and sweet; and if we don’t

get it right in this lifetime, we will keep coming

back until we do; and that’s by Divine decree,

not Facebook folly.

 

Composed in Georgian Bay, Ontario

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment