Saturday, March 14, 2020

Poem to ponder: "Riding on the Fumes of Her Past Glory"



Riding on the Fumes of Her Past Glory

I listened to a medical intuitive on YouTube
the other day, an innovative thinker who’s New
York Times best-selling books I had read, but
a lot of water has passed under the bridge since
then, and she no longer engaged me as she once
did; and it came to me as I listened to her TED
talk, “Choices that can Change your Life,” her
eyes half-dead with the fatigue of over-speaking
her insightful truth, that she was riding on the
fumes of her past glory, getting all the mileage
she could from the ideas of her passionate youth,
and I wondered as I listened to her speaking: is
she doing this out of genuine concern, or for
past glory and personal gain?

No comments:

Post a Comment